DOG LIFE JACKETS WITH BALANCED FLOATATION AND A REINFORCED LIFTING HARNESS.
These jackets were originally designed in New Zealand by a kayaker whose dog fell in the water and he could not pull him out. Originally made by D’Fa in New Zealand who have now joined forces with Stunt Puppy in the USA. We stock the latest improved design!
One of the most important ways of keeping your dog safe in water is to make sure you are able to safely lift him quickly out of the water without him slipping from your grip. Inspired by kayaking and wake boarding vests our dog life jacket uses a unique and patented enclosed design that wraps your dog in an ergonomic, balanced, comfortable and secure flotation jacket. Unlike any other dog life jacket available the it places buoyancy between the front legs to support the head and balance the body in the water and most importantly minimises the pressure on soft tissues of the throat and belly when being lifted.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THIS LIFEJACKET
- Harness construction cradles your dog in the jacket -minimises pressure points
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit
- Variable density foam complements natural buoyancy
- Chest panel keeps the head above water without pressuring the throat - no flapping neck panel to impede swimming and vision
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes
- Double strapping secures the jacket evenly and firmly
- Full length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations
- Harness construction minimises throat and elbow pressure
- Harness construction secures dogs inside the harness so they cannot wriggle or slip out when being lifted
- Durable construction using Cordura® Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
Why you will Love this Dog LifeJacket
AN ENCLOSED HARNESS DESIGN IS SAFER AND MORE COMFORTABLE THAN OTHER CANINE LIFE JACKETS
Getting a good fit in any life jacket, human or canine, is important to its effectiveness. To help in this the Stunt Puppy Float Doggy has some important differences to other dog life jackets.
The main difference is that this harness is enclosed all around your dog's body rather than having an opening under the front legs. It's a small difference, but an important one.
The enclosed harness supports your dog better in the water, balances out their natural buoyancy by supporting the heavier chest and shoulder areas from beneath, and makes for safer, more comfortable lifting in dog overboard situations.
In fact the Float Doggy shares the same harness construction as our HeliDog harness used for lifting dogs underneath helicopters. We don't expect you'll be dropping onto your SUP or your kayak from a helicopter (or maybe you will to your super-yacht), but if you did then you'd be just fine in the Float Doggy.
This jacket has full chest support, meaning it covers your dog's chest completely, going between his legs and lifting his head out of the water and supporting the full front half of his body. This is the only jacket you can get with this feature, most have a collar like strip which tends to flap in your dogs face and can impede movement and vision. Without support under the chest, under body floatation is very limited and if you have to lift your dog with a handle all pressure will go on his rib cage and the soft tissue of his neck.
SIZING FOR DOG LIFE JACKET
|SIZE||Approx KG||NECK?||A BIT LIKE A|
|XS||3-6||max 35||small terriers, Mini poodle, Dacshund, Yorshire|
|S||6-12||max 40||Fox terrier, Jack Russell, Westie, Bichon|
|M||13-25||max 46||Kelpie, Cocker Spaniel,|
|L||25-55||max 50||German Shepherd, Retreiver, Staffy|
|XL||50-75||max 70||Leonberger, Newfie|
Still don't believe us.. check out more here