Dog Life Jackets
Dog Lifejackets Designed in collaboration with experts in buoyancy and canine anatomy, the Stunt Puppy Float Doggy dog life-jacket uses an enclosed design that wraps your dog in a balanced, comfortable and secure flotation harness.
Unlike Other Dog Life Jackets - please read below to understand why.
Please take 2 minutes to watch our movie. It explains what makes a good lifejacket and features to check when you are looking to buy. With thanks to all our customers that provided photos and movie footage of their dogs enjoying our lifejackets.
WE'RE OUT OF STOCK IN SOME SIZES
The supply chain for everything has us chasing our tails so we are in short supply of some sizes and colours. If you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us for more information or preorder now as we are expecting more stock by the end of the year.
Float Doggy is unlike conventional dog life jackets in lots of technical ways, but the one you will notice most is that Float Doggy has flotation built in under the chest between the front legs. That has four key benefits for your dog:
- It gives us a place to put extra flotation without creating side-bulk so we get more buoyancy and a streamlined fit
- It helps support the heavy shoulder and chest area, avoiding front-end-sinkage which keeps the whole body including the head higher and more level in the water without craning your dog's neck or putting upward pressure on the throat
- If we only floated around the body without balancing that underneath we would tip your hound forward as their mid-body rises and their front body sinks unsupported. Adding flotation between the front legs is better for keeping them balanced and level in the water
- It gives excellent stability, security and comfort especially when lifting your dog. The handle is attached to a full lifting harness making it easier to for you to balance when lifting, is more comfortable and safe for your dog and they are unlikely to slip out of the harness when being lifted, even if they are wriggly.
Stunt Puppy Dog Lifejacket considers every aspect of your dogs safety and comfort
Along with the enclosed design we made changes to every panel on the jacket to create a more streamlined and comfortable fit on a doggy frame.
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit
- Variable density foam compliments natural buoyancy
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes
- Double strapping secures the jacket evenly and firmly
- Full length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations
- Harness construction for secure lifting, minimizes throat and elbow pressure
- Durable construction using Cordura® Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
So in summary.....These are the main differences to other life jackets.
- Chest Panel
- Handle attached to strong harness not Lifejacket fabric
- Underbody body floatation panels not just strips of webbing
- Multiple Body shaped panels so it fits correctly, comfortably and securely
SIZE CHART TO YOUR RIGHT! OR CHECK HERE.
If you are unsure or confused, and we'll do our best to help out. If you can give us an idea of your dog's size relative to the breeds listed on our sizing chart and an estimation of its weight that is most useful.
The most helpful to us is a photograph of your dog, standing side on to the camera so we can get a good view of their torso shape and size.
We have detailed information on the dimensions of the jacket we can use to guide you.