These harnesses are simple but we like them as they secure your dog using the fabric of your own car seat belt which also helps keep your dog from moving too much to distract your driving. This is a lot safer than attaching your dog with a clip or buckle which are unlikely to be strong enough to absorb impact or inertia.
They have a padded chest strip and a d ring on the back to attach a leash.
2 in 1 Car Harness Dog Sizing Guide - use as a walking harness or car safety harness.
- Small: Dogs up to 10kg and chest up to 55cm. Bichon Frise, Cavalier King Charles, Maltese, Jack Russell, West Highland Terrier etc.
- Medium: Dogs up to 15kg and chest to 65cm. Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Beagle, Scottish Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, Border Collie etc.
- Large: Dogs up to 30kg and chest up to 90cm. Dalmatian, Doberman, Labrador, Boxer, German Shepard etc.
- X-Large: Dogs 35kg+ and chest to 110cm. Bull Mastiff, Great Dane, Newfoundland, Rottweiler, Rhodesian Ridgeback etc.
ALLPET 2 in 1 Car Harness Fitting Instructions
- Unclip both clasps to open the harness for fitting. With harness opened out, step the dog's front leg into the fixed webbing side of the harness.
- Re-secure both clasps ensuring both front legs are between the straps.
- The chest plate should be positioned protecting the dogs chest, and the D ring and seat belt strap should lie across the dogs back.
- Use the adjustable straps to tighten or loosen for a comfortable fit.