'Captain's Wax' can help protect your dogs most sensitive and exposed parts - ears, noses, tummies, even paws - providing a shield against the harsh conditions found on the beach.
'Captains Wax' has good water resistance but we recommend you reapply after swimming.
As the wax repels water take care when applying although it washes off with hot water it will stick to your clothing!
- Titanium Oxide - non nano particle. A physical blocker which sits safely on top of the skin and isn't absorbed by skin pores. Titanium Oxide is used as a filler in dog food.
- Almond Oil - nourishes and softens the skin
- Organic Coconut Oil has an amazing ability to heal the skin and help prevent damaging effects of UV radiation from the sun. One of the reasons why it is so effective in protecting the skin is its antioxidant properties, which helps prevent burning and oxidative damage that promotes skin cancer.
- Shea Nut Butter - contains compounds known as cinnamic acid esters, also found in cinnamon (you guessed it right!) and balsam trees. These compounds are POWERFUL anti-inflammatory agents that help instantly soothe skin swellings, irritation and inflammation as well as contain antibacterial properties and mild sun protection qualities. They calm skin redness and help prevent free radicals from penetrating into the skin.
- Organic Hemp seed oil - The oil extracted from hemp seed is said to closely resemble the body's natural lipids. Lipids refer to molecular compounds considered important for cell growth due to their large carbon and hydrogen content. Lipids do not easily mix with water because their properties are more related to fat substances, although not all lipids are fats. As protection, it is easily absorbed by the skin to provide the essential fatty and essential amino acids as well as other nutrients. All these are needed for proper keratin formation in the skin, teeth, nails and hair as a major protein component.
- Organic Jojoba Oil - jojoba oil not only provides natural moisturizers for the skin but also provides healing and anti-inflammatory elements through its natural substance called myristic acid. Myristic acid is a form of fatty acid naturally occurring in plant oils.
- Lavender Oil - skin restorative and healing properties
- Candelilla Wax - natural, non-animal based wax with superior quality. It has a smooth feel and keeps 'Captains Wax' on the skin for long lasting protection.
- Natural Vitamin E - Vitamin E is one of the most important antioxidants in your body that can neutralize harmful free radicals protecting skin from damage. The main function of vitamin E has in your skin is to protect it from the damaging effects of UV exposure. As a powerful antioxidant, it neutralizes the free radicals that cause damage to cellular membranes and DNA.
On hot summer days please keep Captains Wax in the fridge!
Check out Our Soothing Wax.. more product details on the product page!
Made in Western Australia from the finest natural ingredients, Surf Dog Soothing Wax combines moisturisers, vitamins, anti-inflamatory and antiseptic ingredients to soothe your dogs (and your!) skin.
It's 100% natural and safe to lick.
On hot summer days please keep Captains Wax and Soothing Balm in the fridge!