The Gentle Martingale collar
Our Beach Life Collar and Leash collection features beach bright colours, with stainless steel metal parts and use of neoprene for comfort. Here is our Martingale collar - add a matching Beach Life Leash and you are set for summer!
Martingale collars are safer than choke chains or prong collars. Used with a leash or with your hand, the martingale collar tightens when your dog pulls and loosens when he stops, so it’s only tight when it needs to be. These collars give you greater control and reduce the risk of your dog slipping out and escaping.
If your dog is a major puller you might be better off with our Gentle Martingale harness. Used correctly the Martingale collar can be a great way to walk your dog, giving relaxed walking comfort and more control than a standard collar if you need to recall your dog.
- Adjusts to fit dogs neck
- Relaxed fit whilst walking to heel
- Tightens when dog pulls for better control and loosens when dog stops pulling
- Safer & more comfortable than a choke chain that's always tight
- Secure fit prevents dogs from escaping or backing out of collar
- Perfect for “escape artists” and breeds with necks larger than their heads
- Doesn't cause matting & bald spots like some standard collars
- Not recommended if you intend to tie your dog up, during group play sessions or if your dog is left alone for long periods.
How to Fit the collar
- Place the collar over your dog's head
- Adjust the fit by pushing the nylon part through the slider so the 2 ends before martingale meet
- When tightened with a leash or by holding the smaller loop like a handle, the 2 metal rings should touch directly behind your dog's ears.
Measuring Your Dog
One size for Medium/Large dog only
Fits necks from 38cm - 56cm - 2.5cm wide
To pick the right size collar, measure your dog around the top of the neck directly behind the ears.(A) This measurement is the same as the collar when it's fully tightened or closed.(B)