Doggles Dog Sunglasses
Authentic Doggles from the USA eye protection for dogs. Long hours in the sun without adequate eye protection increase the chances of developing eye disease. Doggles UV absorbent dog sunglasses help protect your dog's eyes from sun damage. Doggles provide eye protection from wind and debris. Whether your dog rides in a sidecar, a motorcycle, or in the back of a ute. With UV absorption up to 400 nm, Doggles are proving a significant help for for dogs with an increasingly common eye disease, Pannus.
Check the label! Do eye protection should block 99 to 100 percent of UVA and UVB radiation. Our labels read "UV absorption up to 400 nm," which for dogs with an increasingly common eye disease, Pannus, Doggles are proving themselves very useful. It is well known that dogs with Pannus should stay out of direct sun and get protection from UV light. Doggles are a great alternative for those dogs that can't stay inside during the day.
Doggles also provide protection from wind and debris. Whether your dog rides in a sidecar, a motorcycle, or in the back of a pickup, he or she needs eye protection.
Most dogs will readily accept Doggles after a short adjustment period. Training your dog to wear the goggles can be accomplished in a small amount of time if you follow these easy steps:
1) Don't put the goggles on your dog while indoors. Imagine yourself wearing dark tinted glasses inside. You cannot see, and neither can your dog.
2) When you first put the goggles on them, don't let your dog paw at the glasses or roll to get them off. Reassure your dog that its okay. Then, immediately take them to bright sunlight and let them realize that they can see with them on. Walking around will get their mind off the goggles.
3) Try to go through this routine as often as possible. The number of training sessions required depends on your dog.
Doggles come in many styles and sizes to fit any breed of dog from 3 pounds up to 250 pounds. Many different colors of frames and lenses are available.
Doggles ensure a perfect fit by using two adjustable head straps - one behind the head and one under the chin. The chin strap simply wraps under your dog's chin. They are very simple to use.
We care about your dog's comfort. The straps are made of comfortable, plush elastic. The inside of the frames are lined with foam padding. The frames are completely flexible and will bend to wrap around your dog's face, regardless of the shape of the face.
- Doggles dog sunglasses are recommended by vets.
- Adjustable head & chin straps.
- Anti fog lenses and comfortable padded frame.
- 16 years of experience has made Doggles the very best in pet eyewear.
- Suited to all dog head shapes and sizes.
- Polycarbonate (shatterproof), anti-fog, 100% UV protection lenses
- Extremely flexible rubber frame
- Foam lined frame for extra comfort
- Extra deep lens cup keeps the lenses away from the eyes
Please do not buy cheap sunglasses for your dog. They will not protect his eyes and could potentially put them at risk.
Select the size you need then scroll down through the menu to see the colours available. We stock a few colours which since we started have proven to be the most popular and good looking!
To get the frame size, measure from one corner of the frame to the other (corner of eye to corner of eye across the face). We give approximate recommendations for breeds but always best to double check. To get the head strap, measure from one outside corner of the eye around the head to the other outside eye corner. To get the chin strap, measure from ear to ear passing under the chin. If your dog falls somewhere between two sizes, we advise ordering the larger of the two.
|Dog Weight (kg)||1 to 4kg||4 to 12kg||9 to 27kg||22 to 41kg||41kg+|
*FRAME = the measurement from one corner of the frame to the other (corner of eye to corner of eye across the face).
*HEAD STRAP = measurement is length fully stretched so can be adjusted
*CHINSTRAP = measure from ear to ear going underneath the chin.
Please keep in mind that breeds vary by size and that the breeds above are examples, you should go by the size and weight of your dog. The weight and frame measurement are the most important measurements.
To help your dog get used to wearing his Doggles try not to put them on unless you are in bright light and distract him by having fun!