Doggles Dog Sunglasses
Authentic Doggles from the USA eye protection for dogs. Doggles UV absorbent dog sunglasses help protect your dog's eyes from sun damage.
Doggles provide eye protection from wind and debris. Whether your dog rides in a sidecar, a motorcycle, or in the back of a ute, loves to sunbathe, or is sensitive to light Doggles give true eye protection. (please do not confuse with Goggles - these are cheap copies)
Doggles UV absorption up to 400mm. Doggles are proving a significant help for for dogs with an increasingly common eye disease, Pannus. These are authentic Doggles as recommended by Vets do not confuse with cheap Goggles! The Lenses are clear or lightly tinted to ensure your dogs vision is not restricted but this works best in daylight.
Doggles are made with ophthalmic grade lenses so will provide perfect optical vision and UV protection even with the tinted lenses. They are not just coloured lenses.
The cost of authentic Doggles is in the quality of the Lenses. Doggles are recommended by Vets with an increasingly common eye disease, Pannus.
Doggles ensure a perfect fit by using two adjustable head straps - one behind the head and one under the chin. The chin strap simply wraps under your dog's chin. They are very simple to use.
We care about your dog's comfort. The straps are made of comfortable, plush elastic. The inside of the frames are lined with foam padding. The frames are completely flexible and will bend to wrap around your dog's face, regardless of the shape of the face.
- Doggles dog sunglasses are recommended by vets.
- Adjustable head & chin straps.
- Anti fog lenses and comfortable padded frame.
- 16 years of experience has made Doggles the very best in pet eyewear.
- Suited to all dog head shapes and sizes.
- Polycarbonate (shatterproof), anti-fog, 100% UV protection lenses
- Extremely flexible rubber frame
- Foam lined frame for extra comfort
- Extra deep lens cup keeps the lenses away from the eye
To get the frame size, measure from one corner of the frame to the other (corner of eye to corner of eye across the face). We give approximate recommendations for breeds but always best to double check. To get the head strap, measure from one outside corner of the eye around the head, under the ears, to the other outside eye corner. To get the chin strap, measure from ear to ear passing under the chin. If your dog falls somewhere between two sizes, we advise ordering the larger of the two.
|Dog Weight (kg)||1 to 4kg||4 to 12kg||9 to 27kg||22 to 41kg||41kg+|
*FRAME = the measurement from one corner of the frame to the other (corner of eye to corner of eye across the face).
*HEAD STRAP = measurement is length fully stretched so can be adjusted
*CHINSTRAP = measure from ear to ear going underneath the chin.
Please keep in mind that breeds vary by size and that the breeds above are examples, you should go by the size and weight of your dog. The weight and frame measurement are the most important measurements.
Most dogs will readily accept Doggles after a short adjustment period. Training your dog to wear the goggles can be accomplished in a small amount of time if you follow these easy steps:
1) Don't put the Doggles on your dog while indoors. Imagine yourself wearing dark tinted glasses inside. You cannot see, and neither can your dog.
2) When you first put the Doggles, don't let your dog paw at the glasses or roll to get them off. Reassure your dog that its okay. Then, immediately take them to bright sunlight and let them realize that they can see with them on. Walking around will get their mind off the Doggles.
3) Try to go through this routine as often as possible. The number of training sessions required depends on your dog.